Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I found this recipe on PerfectEntertaining.com and made it last night when I had my friends Diana and Jeanne over for dinner. It is easy, delicious and a great summer snack. I reccomend making them the night before and letting them sit in the fridge overnight...or at least chill 2-3 hours before serving.

Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatos

2 pints cherry tomatos
12 oz bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c mayonaise
1/2 a bunch of green onions, chopped.

Cut the tops off of the cherry tomatos and hollow out with melon baller/cheese spreader. Drain upside down over paper towels for 10 minutes.

Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until well blended and stuff each tomato until full.

Cest finit! Easy, right?

2 comments:

superbadfriend said...

What a resourceful and simple recipe. I made this for dinner tonight. Just returned from a trip and there was no food in my fridge. As luck would have it, I did happen to have all of these ingredients, except I used vine ripened tomatos and had to omit the green onions. MMMM it was a juicy BLT without the bread. ;-)

Sarah said...

that sounds delicious! i made too many of these the other night so i threw some of the leftovers in a salad for lunch..it worked out great!