Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

Baked Haddock recipe From the Lady Behind the Fish Counter at Whole Foods

1-1.5 lbs haddock
1/2 c milk*
1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds


Line a glass baking dish with wax paper and preheat oven to 350

Sprinkle milk over top of fish and then coat top with breadcrumbs, pressing lightly

Top with lemon rounds covering the surface

Bake for 15-20 minutes until thickest part of fish flakes easily and is white.

Serve immediately


* I did not use milk, I used a lemon pepper marinade** that I had bought the weekend before at Christmas Tree Shops. I marinated the fish for 45 minutes, and then pressed the breadcrumbs in and followed the rest of the recipe.

** This is my favorite brand of marinade

And they always have it at the Christmas Tree shops for like $1.99 each although you can find it in supermarkets as well for just a little higher price. I highly reccomend it.



No comments: