Pages

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Every month, Marty's (a liquor/gourmet food store in Newton I visit weekly) sends out a brochure of their specials, new wines that have come in, upcoming tastings. I like to peruse the wine section and circle what I would like to try. One sauvignon blanc was described as "Perfection with a cold crab salad" and ever since I read that I could not get the idea of making a cold crab salad out of my head. So I went on the hunt yesterday for the perfect recipe (after first visiting Marty's and purchasing the wine) and after some googling I found the following recipe on RecipeZaar.com. Don't be scared of the imitation crab! It is delicious!. I added in some green pepper since I had some in the kitchen. And in the end it came out SO GREAT. It is fantastic on it's own, mixed in with salad greens, in a sandwich or even as a dip with crackers.

California Crab Salad

16 ounces surimi (imitation crab) or lump crabmeat (picked through)
1 avocado
1 (10 ounce) can blck olives
1 tablespoon red onions, chopped finely
2 tablespoons celery, chopped (optional)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons dill (dried dill weed)
1 dash worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1. Flake crab with 1 t lemon juice in large bowl.
2. Add onion, celery (optional), vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire, and 1t dill
3. Stir until mixed.
4. Stir in mayonnaise (adjust amount according to taste).
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Slice avocado into small pieces and sprinkle with remaining lemon and dill
7. Gently stir avocados and olives into the salad.
8. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
9. Serve or refrigerate for several hours

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i would serve it with plenty of white wine. :-) especially sauv. blanc. or maybe some sweet potato fries if you feel ambitious?