Pages

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cocktail Party MUST HAVE

Last night, I had some friends over for a small get together. I took that opportunity to test out some appetizers I am thinking of serving at a Valentines Cocktail party I am hosting next week.

I made a baked feta and marinara dip to serve with baguette slices, which I made even easier by buying pre-crumbled feta, dumping it in a baking dish, pouring a 15 oz can of "diced tomatos with Italian herbs' , and baking it at 350 for 20 minutes. Easy Peasy! I also had bought a sweet onion foccacia earlier in the day along with some Manchego and quince paste.

If you know me at all, you know I could pretty much live on Manchego. And I have read a few times about the heaven that is pairing Manchego and quince, but had never tried it myself. I am happy to report that it is, in fact, heaven in your mouth. The sweetness of the quince balances nicely with the savory cheese, and it makes a pretty presentation as well. I highly recommend. You can find quince paste in most gourmet stores, in the spread section.

So, to wrap things up:


+ =

No comments: