Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lazy Lasagna

Last night my cousin Anna came over for dinner so I made a lasagna. I had some "leftover" meat from making burgers the night before and this was an ideal use of it. She asked me to share the recipe even though I didn't take any photos of it (wtf) !

What's great is this is such a basic recipe, you can do anything you want with it. Use whatever ground meat you want. Use any kind of sauce. Go nuts with cheese. Add in some chopped vegetables. It's as easy or as complicated as you want.

Sarah's Lazy Lasgna
1 package while wheat lasagna noodles
1 jar of your fave sauce (I used Barilla Sweet Sausage)
1 lb of ground meat (I used 1/2 turkey and 1/2 sausage)
1 16 oz tub of cottage cheese
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp shredded parm
1 cup of your fave shredded cheese (I used Sargento Fancy Shredded Six Italian Cheese)\

Preheat oven to 350.

Brown the meat in a large pan -add entire jar of sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.

Put cottage cheese in food processor or blender along with parm and garlic. Pulse until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add 1/4 a cup of sauce to a greased 13x9 baking pan. Place your first layer of noodles. Spread a 1/2 of the cheese mixture, and 1/2 of the remaining meat mixture. Layer more noodles, and repeat the previous step. You can also put less of the meat/cheese in each layer if you want to have several layers of noodles but for me this was fine. Finish by sprinkling the shredded cheese on top.

Bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Keshia said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this cute blog! I happened to stumble across it while googling a recipe for feta salsa. Your recipes look simple, light (which is great since I've been eating healthier), and sound freaking delicious! I will definitely be back here for more, keep up the great work.