Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2006

You know how sometimes you're at work, and you're like "GOD I do NOT feel like cooking dinner tonight" but you don't neccesarily want to go out to eat, or order Chinese, or eat a Lean Cuisine?

Maybe it's just me...

In any case, this is an EXCELLENT recipe for that kind of night. Or if you have company coming over and only 15 minutes to throw something delicious-but-still-fancy together. It stars my good friends chicken and pesto, with a few guest appearances by some yummy canned veggies.

Ingredients:

1 package of Perdue short cuts roasted chicken breast strips*
One small jar of pesto**
1/2 can sliced black olives**
1 small jar roasted peppers**
3/4 box of whole wheat penne pasta
2-3 tbsp olive oil

Prepare pasta as directed on box

Drain, and mix in remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.

It's like an instant version of Chicken Genovese. SO DELICIOUS. And 15 minutes tops to prepare.

* I used to be against these because I considered it "cheating" but now I can NOT live without them. I stock up when they are on sale and use them to make dishes like this and quick chicken caesar salads.

** Pastene is the bomb.

No comments: