Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

Ina Garten has her coconut cupcakes, and I have mine. It's like Semi Home Made meets Barefoot Contessa up in this piece.

I made these to bring into work and they were a HUGE success. Super easy to make (if you cheat and use a box like me), and they smell DIVINE.

My Coconut Cupcakes

1 box french vanilla cake mix
1 and 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup veggie oil
3 eggs
1 tbsp coconut extract.
1 cup finely shredded, sweetened coconut

Blend all ingredients for 2 minutes or until well mixed. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes each. For mini cupcakes bake 10-11 minutes.

Coconut Frosting

1 tub Whipped Vanilla frosting (or your homemade version)
1 tbsp coconut extract.
1 cup finely shredded, sweetened coconut

Blend together and after frosting cupcakes, sprinkle with shredded coconuts.



Look how cute they come out! And I swear using the coconut extract totally cuts out the "made from a mix" taste. I am thinking next week about making ameretto cupcakes with ameretti cookies sprinkled into the frosting.

Really with cake mix and all the extracts out there, anything is possible!

No comments: