Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Don't Step on My Bleu Cheese Steak

In my quest to make the tastiest dinner in the least amount of time, I picked up a Sandra Lee cookbook over the weekend, specifically Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Made Light


So far I am loving it: glossy thick pages, tons of photos and a wide array of her trademark "Semi-Homemade" recipes that are both easy to prepare and low in calories/fat. I myself havd trademarked a new style of cooking called "Semi, Semi-Homemade" which has arisen from my inability to pick up everything on my shopping list and thus having to cut corners and leave out ingredients.

The good news, is it still comes out DELICIOUS.

I tried my own take on her Bleu Cheese Steak yesterday, and it was a resounding success.

2 4-6 oz steaks (I used top sirloin)
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
3 tbsp olive oil
Pepper, Salt, whatever spice you lilke on steak (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning)

Preheat oven to 400.

Mix breadcrumbs, bleu cheese and 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl and set aside. Season one side of steaks and cook in 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes a side.

Cover one side of each steak with 1/2 of the mixture and put steaks on a foil covered baking pan and bake in the oven for about 6-8 minutes for medium (check for doneness after 6 minutes).

I served these with mashed canned sweet potatos that I seasoned with 1 tbsp of taco seasoning. Sweet, spicy and delicious!

So there you have it, an exceedingly tasty, super easy meal that took less than 20 minutes to make.

No comments: