Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Day Fifteen

Breakfast: Gluten Free Waffles and Fruit
Lunch: Spinach Salad
Snack: Wasabi Almonds
Dinner: Gluten Free Spaghetti with Sauteed Spinach, Red Onions, Garlic, Raisins and Rice Wine Vinegar
Dessert: Grapes

I'm going to take another stab at Polenta this week. Last time I cooked with it (I buy the kind that comes pre-cooked in a tube), it came out really soggy and tasteless but I realize that the way I cooked it (baked it with a ton of marinated veggies on top) led it it's sogginess. I found a tube of "Italian Herb" polenta yesterday when I was food shopping and so I'm going to attempt some Italian Herb Polenta fries this week. I had Polenta Fries once at Bonfire and they were spectacular so I'm aiming high with this one.

Lessons Learned: Raisins are really great with summery pasta. Throw a handful in a pan with olive oil and whatever veggies you have handy for something delicious and different to toss with your pasta.

No comments: