Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Ten

Breakfast: Soy yogurt with granola
Lunch: Leftover Mexican casserole
Snack: Almonds
Dinner: Cumin Grilled Tofu with Papaya Salsa

If you know me at all you know I can't do math in my head. Like, at all. I am a smart girl but math-in-my-head is just beyond my abilities. So yesterday was Day 9 and I went around all day thinking "Ok, only 16 days left". Then last night I realized that 9 + 16 doesn't = 21. D'oh! And anyway after today it's TEN days left. So that's exciting.

Anywho last night for dinner was probably my favorite meal to date. I have taken to trolling around for recipes and printing out what looks interesting and then kind of corralling together ones that have similar ingredients so I'm not buying a bunch of random weird things at the supermarket that I will only use once for a dish I may not even like. Well THIS dish, is maginifique. Perfect for summer, with a little salad on the side. All the flavors of the season that I love: lime, fruit, pepper. Seriously yummy.

misc.

I found the recipe here at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen which is really a delightful resource for healthy and inventive but easy to prepare recipes.

Lessons Learned:
1) This is the 4th day in a row that I have woken up before 6AM and been wide awake and ready to go. I am really into it. I've been leaving my house at 6:30 to come in early to work and then leaving early to have more of the afternoon/evening to enjoy. I am into it.
2) Tofu really takes the flavor of whatever you cook it with. Seriously. I marinated the "tofu steaks" and then grilled them in a pan and when they were just about done grilling I dumped the remaining marinade into the pan and they just sucked it right up. So flavorful! You can really get creative with it.

No comments: