Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day Three

Breakfast: Soy yougurt w/ hemp granola
Snack: Wasabi Almonds
Lunch: Roasted Corn Soup and Whipped Cauliflower
Dinner: No Roll Enchiladas, Guacamole and Baked Bean Tortilla Chips
Dessert: Grapes

Both recipes I posted above are phenomenal. The Corn soup is a little time consuming but is there anything better than roasted summer corn? I think not. And it makes a good amount so you can portion it out into containers and have lunch for a few days!

I need to do some research today on what else Adam and I can drink besides water. Mr "I live on Coke Zero" has professed some dissatisfaction with the fact that we have had only water to drink but I haven't found something good that doesn't have caffeine or sugar in it. I am thinking for myself, some sparkling water with fresh lime or lemon squeezed in but Adam doesn't like club soda so I am on the hunt for something for him.

Day Three brought with it more ridiculous decaffeinated tiredness in the early afternoon but I plowed through. I also went to bed at 8:30 PM last night! I woke up at 5:30AM today feeling awesome! So I think that bodes well.

Lessons Learned:
1) We are eating a lot earlier this week. Normally we eat between 7 and 8 but since neither of us is relaxing with a beer or glass of wine (or 2) after work I just jump right into making dinner. I actually like having dinner out of the way by 6:30 - and it's EASIER to relax (even sans wine) when I don't have the making of dinner hanging over my head. Who knew?

No comments: